The Postal Service has stated that letter mail volume has decreased by 30% over the past 10 years. Meanwhile, package volume has grown from 74 billion in 2017 to 87 billion in 2018 and is expected to more than double by 2025 where it is expected that 200 billion packages will be shipped per year.
- First-Class Mail volume has decreased by 49% since the Dot-Com Bubble
- USPS projects that mail volumes will decrease by 18% over the next five years
- Digital technology continues to transition businesses and individuals from direct mail to online communication channels
- Package volume has increased by 266% in the last seven years
- Total U.S. online sales in 2020 were $408 billion and are expected to surpass $1 trillion by 2024
- Demand for warehouse space could reach an additional 1 billion square feet by 2025
We now live in a time where packages are being shipped more than ever, which has created opportunities for mail service providers to expand their mailing operations into the growing package industry. It is expected that 75,000 physical store locations will shut down by 2026 as more and more businesses are generating their sales from the internet. This key trend will continue to drive package volume for mail service providers. Now, the question you must ask yourself is-
Does your current package processing solution have the integrations required to win shipping business from online sellers not only around the country but the whole world?